Runescape Guide To Riches

Tuesday, January 02, 1990

Tips To Avoid Being Scamed


Ok you've made your fortune, now let's focus on making it stay yours. There's tons of people today who would just love to steal your hard earned money and items. Here's a list of scams that people use both in and out of the game to try and hack your file or scam you out of items.

In Game Scams

Scam - "Trimming armor for free!" - A scam that's most common in the free worlds where people don't know that you can't trim armor. You can only get trimmed armor from members world treasure trails, and you CAN NOT make it.

Scam - "Runescape blocks out your pass, see mines *******! Try it!" - Runescape does NOT block out your password. They just want you to say it so that they can get on your file and steal all your items and even the account itself. Even if they did block it out, why would you go screaming it to the world?

Scam - "I work for Jagex and I need your password." - Sometimes they'll add on things like, "I need to check to make sure your obaying the rules" or "I need to search it". Unless they have a golden crown next to their name they do NOT work for Jagex. They don't hide it or turn it off, PEROID. Even if they do have one still don't give it to them, report them immediately and the real Jagex will take care of it.

Scam - "Giving away free membership! Just give me your pass! My dad works for Runescape!" - No, no your dad dosn't. Once again it's just a pathetic scammer looking for a quick buck so they try to get peoples accounts by offering them membership. Of course you won't acually get membership, or your account for that matter. Also be sure to watch out for this on websites too, they're also scamming you.

Scam - *Some guy offers you to join a clan* "Before you join we need to do the trust trade. Give me your most valuable item and I'll give it back, that way you know that you can trust me." - Alrighty, you've got to be pretty dumb to fall for this. The second they said this you know that you CAN'T trust them. To join a clan it takes no more then someone saying "Want to join my clan?" and that's it. The second you hit accept they're going to log out with your item and you'll never get it back.

Scam - *Someone say's to follow them to a deserted area and they'll duplicate your items* "Ok take whatever items you want and drop them, then press (Insert buttons here) and all the items will double" - All that the buttons do is it shuts off of the internet and leaves your items on the ground for the scammer to pick up. Sometimes they'll say escape or some other button combinations and all running programs will shut down.

Out Of Game Scams

Scam - "Hey I found the ultimate hack for Runescape! I'm so excited about it I've got to tell everyone! This hack is extremely hard to do and takes years to learn it so just let me do it for you! Send me any accounts name you want and I'll do all the work! Send it to (Insert E-Mail adress here) just like this or else it won't work. "&*dfbvhs$*(Your victems name)%^*%8vhv27gd0=jagexhack(Your accounts name)jndfubv9437&%hb75(Your password)8hvns^*$njdbv$hnfvbn*". All you have to do is send it to me and I'll do the rest!" - This is one you'd find on a website or chatroom somewhere. Come on! why would you send your password to some guy you don't even know!? Even if his hack does work (which it dosn't) why would he need your account name and password?! If you see a scam like this then just ignore it, if you think it's really serious then send it to Jagex and they'll take care of it.

Scam - *You find a strange E-Mail in your E-Mail box* "Hello, this is (Insert Jagex staff member name here) and we are currently searching all Runescape accounts to make sure that you are not scamming or breaking the rules. Please send you Runescape account name and password to (Insert E-Mail address here) and I will conduct the search and send an E-Mail back to you with the results. If you do not reply then your account will be banned without notice. Thank you, The Jagex Team." - Jagex does NOT send E-Mails to you unless you send one to them first and even then I still don't think they send you an E-Mail in return. Let's use some logic, "Jagex" sends you a letter saying they need your password. Think about that for a second. They MADE the game, don't you think they KNOW everyones password already? so why would they need YOU to tell them it to them? Did they forget? Uhh no. Just delete the letter and get on with your life.

Scam - "I'm quitting Runescape and giving away all my items, just send me your Runescape name and password and I'll give you any items you want." - If they really were quitting Runescape and wanted to give away all their items, wouldn't they trade them to you? Why would they need your password? Truth is, they arn't quitting the game, and they don't have any of the items they promise. Once you send off your password it's bye bye account.

Know a scam I'm missing? See something wrong with one I have? Just send your account and password to...Haha just kidding, simply leave me a comment and tell me what needs fixin'

1 Comments:

Blogger SingleGrrl said...

Hey, great information! You've even got some that I don't have, I think I'll put up a link to your site so folks can check it out!

Thanks for the link on the sidebar, too! :) Pls note that I've moved my blog away from blogspot, so the blogspot address is no longer being updated. You can find the updating site here:

Runescape Newbie Guide to Wealth

Valdesta

5:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home